Frequently Asked Questions

Get a free quote

How is a vehicle service contract different from my auto insurance policy?

Typically, auto insurance covers only collision or accidental damage to your vehicle—such as a car crash, fire, or vandalism. A vehicle service contract covers the mechanical parts of your vehicle. Most auto insurance policies do not cover mechanical breakdowns, unless they are the direct result of an auto accident. But with a vehicle service contract, your engine, transmission, and other vital car parts are protected anytime they break down or malfunction.

Why buy a vehicle service contract now, especially if I still have a manufacturer warranty?

Just like health insurance or life insurance, the shape your vehicle is in when you obtain coverage determines your rates and eligibility. It actually costs far less to extend the coverage on a newer vehicle in tip-top shape than it does for an older vehicle that’s fallen into disrepair. By buying today, you lock in the costs of a vehicle service contract while your vehicle is at its best.

What’s the difference between a vehicle service contract and an extended warranty?

An extended warranty is an extension of your original manufacturer’s warranty. A vehicle service contract is designed to pick up where your existing warranty stops, or to fill any gaps in coverages. With most repairs occurring after the manufacturer’s warranty expires, having a vehicle service contract in place can protect you from the high cost of repair work.

If my vehicle is used/pre-owned, do I qualify for coverage?

We offer a multitude of programs for consumers who purchased a pre-owned vehicle. In order to select the coverage that best meets your needs, please obtain the current mileage on your vehicle and contact one of our representatives toll free at (888) 903-8727.

Is my service contract transferable?

All of the vehicle service contracts that US Car Protection offers are transferable. If you plan to sell your vehicle, contact one of our representatives to assist you with the transfer. Having coverage available for transfer not only increases the monetary value of your vehicle, but tends to be a great selling tool.

What happens when I need to make a claim?

The claims process is fast and painless. Prior to repair, simply tell your dealership or chosen repair facility to call the Claims Center number provided in your contract packet. A claims representative will expedite direct payment to your repair facility.

Where can I take my vehicle to get it repaired?

Policies offered by US Car Protection are honored nationwide. You can take your vehicle to any Dealership or ASE Certified mechanic regardless of where you breakdown.

How do I know that my claim will be paid?

Each year, we pay out millions of dollars in claims. As long as your claim meets the terms of your service contract, ALL covered repairs are paid directly to the repair facility of your choice. No waiting for reimbursements. Review your contract packet, or contact one of our representatives, to make sure you understand the terms of your contract prior to making a claim.

Ready to protect your vehicle?
Fill out this form to get a free quote

Year is required.
Make is required.
Model is required.